Our computer software engineering team in Manila is growing fast and we are hiring for several job openings. Do you want to be a part of something big?
Why work for Remitly?
You can work anywhere. But at Remitly, your work has an impact on people around the globe. We’re here to be the best financial service for hard-working immigrant communities worldwide by helping them send money to their loved ones faster, easier, and at a lower cost with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet.
The idea behind Remitly took flight when co-founder and CEO, Matt Oppenheimer, was in Kenya working as Head of Mobile Banking for Barclays Bank. There, he noticed firsthand how reliant families in Kenya were on money sent from loved ones working abroad.
Oppenheimer was convinced that the convergence of smartphone penetration and mobile app technology could change all that.
“Living in Kenya and seeing the remittance process up close was an eye-opener. I became convinced it’s a problem around which we could both build a big business and make a huge impact on the world,” Oppenheimer said.
What is it like to work for Remitly in Manila?
Our Manila team is made up of brilliant minds and caring people who take your wellbeing and career development seriously. We got our start in The Philippines! We developed our service to help overseas workers in the United States send money to their loved ones in The Philippines. And since then we’ve been busy:
- Sending over $5 billion through our platform to 12 countries around the world
- Providing over $300,000 to college students in the Philippines to help them pay for the education
- Helping those affected by natural disasters in the Philippines like the Mayon Volcano
Across the globe we, Team Remitly, are united through our mission – to tirelessly deliver on our promise to immigrants sending money across the world. Will you help us?
Apply to be a Software Engineer in Manila today!
As a Computer Software Engineer, you put customers at the center of everything you do. You will be on the team building the platform that helps overseas workers around the world send money home to their loved ones safely, quickly, and at a lower cost, so more money makes it home to those you care about. Some interesting problems you will help solve:
- Build APIs, services, mobile, and web applications for our next-generation customer experience
- Design a robust system to provide timely and cost-effective customer support across a variety of modern communication channels
- Build a scalable platform for integrating with diverse bank APIs around the globe to collect, manage, track, and disburse funds
- Integrate online machine learning and predictive analytics models with our transactional systems to predict customer demand and prevent fraud
Requirements to be a software developer at Remitly:
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
- A deep understanding of software development practices, system design, software design patterns, and algorithms
- Experience working with Java; PHP background is an advantage
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
If you want to be apart of the team that’s changing the way money is sent around the world, click on the links below to apply today! We look forward to hearing from you!