As of 2020, the average transfer fee for an international remittance was 7% which translates into $70 if you were to send $1,000 home. Is there a way to send money without massive transfer fees?
Consider online money transfer services like Remitly—reliable, easy to use, safe transfer, and low fees.
In this article, we will cover common FAQs and how to get started.
Why Should I Use Remitly to Send Money to China?
Remitly offers competitive currency exchange rates, low fees, safe exchanges, and fast transfer. With Remitly, you can send currencies including U.S. dollars (USD), Canadian dollars (CAD), Australian dollars (AUD), Euros (EUR), or the British pound (GBP) to be received in Chinese yuan (CNY).
The pricing structure for sending money to China is transparent (select your send county on the top right).
Send Money to China in 5 Easy Steps
Sending money to your friends and family with Remitly is simple. First, if you haven’t done so already, download the app and create an account.
- Select China as your destination country.
- Enter the amount of transfer funds you wish to send.
- Choose your delivery methods such as bank deposit, Alipay, or WeChat. (To send to other countries, Remitly also offers options for cash pickup, mobile wallet, or home delivery, depending on the location of your recipient.)
- Enter your recipient’s information such as their Alipay/WeChat account ID, and phone number.
- Enter your payment methods such as credit card, or debit card info.
We might ask you to provide more documentation depending on the amount of the payment or if Remitly can’t confirm your identity.
Which Providers Can I Send Money to With Remitly?
How Much Money Can I Send to China With Remitly?
As a remittance provider, Remitly values service and security while abiding by international law. To ensure a smooth and secure transfer experience, there’s a sending limit when you open your account for the first time.
For customers who send to China from the United States, initial sending limits with Remitly are (as of this writing):
- $2,999 in 24 hours
- $10,000 in 30 days
- $18,000 in 180 days
If you need to transfer amounts beyond this, Remitly will ask you for more information. For more about raising your transfer limits, check out details here. Additional sending limits may apply depending upon your choice of payout partner or receiving location.
How Much Does It Cost to Send Money to China With Remitly?
For current pricing on money transfers to China, including our exchange rates, check the app or website. At the time of this writing, transfer fees to China are:
- For U.S. customers, Express transfers to China are USD $2.99 (for transfers under $1,000.00).
- For those in Canada, Express transfers to China are CAD $2.99 (for transfer under $1,000.00).
- For customers in Australia, Express transfers to China are AUD $2.99 (for transfers under $1,000.00).
- For those in the United Kingdom, all transfers to China are only £1.49.
As of February 3rd, 2022, the Chinese Yuan (CNY) has a promotional exchange rate of 1 USD to 6.33 CNY on Remitly’s website for your first transfer*. For the most current exchange rate, please check Remitly app or website.
*Promotional FX rate applies to first $1000.00 sent. New customers only. One per customer. Limited time offer. Rates subject to change. See Terms and Conditions for details.
Is It Safe to Send Money to China With Remitly?
Remitly ensures your information and your money are safe. Our commitment to security is one of the reasons millions of people use Remitly to send money home.
- Remitly is licensed to do business in the 17 sending countries and more than 100 receiving countries that we serve. Our licensors have high standards and require us to follow strict security and customer protection guidelines;
- Remitly uses multiple levels of security, so you can send money home with peace of mind. Your personal data is protected 24 hours a day through fraud monitoring and encryption.
- All accounts are verified with proper documentation;
- Remitly is dedicated to protecting your money and personal data; and
- Remitly sends you notifications and updates about your transfers.
In short, you can have peace of mind that your hard-earned money will safely get to its destination.
Glorious Empire to World Power
China has an amazing history. You can catalog it by tracking its multiple dynasties and empires, from the Qin empire to the Han dynasty to the Qing dynasty, all the way to the Communist period in the 20th and 21st centuries. It continues to exert a great deal of influence on the global economic and political landscape. In fact, China’s economy is one of the biggest in the world today.
China’s major cities are Shanghai, Beijing (the capital), Chongqing, Tianjin, and Guangzhou. Its official language is Mandarin.
The Chinese diaspora is truly massive at 50 million people and can be found all over the world. Most live in Southeast Asia (especially Thailand, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Singapore), and there is a large population in the United States as well.
The Money Transfer Service That Helps You Send Money to China and Hong Kong
Remitly makes international money transfers faster, easier, more transparent, and more affordable. Since 2011, over 5 million people have used our secure mobile app to send money with peace of mind.
And new customers can get a special offer on their first transfer.