If you support loved ones, make investments, or send money to yourself via Alipay, you’re like millions of Chinese nationals abroad. In fact, Alipay is the largest third-party mobile and online payment system in China and the second biggest in the entire world. Are you wondering how to send to Alipay safely? Look no further than online money transfer services such as Remitly.
You use Alipay because it’s earned your trust—and that’s why Remitly makes it easy for you to send money to Alipay so that more money makes it home.
Remitly’s app allows you to send money to into Alipay-connected bank accounts, right from your phone. Read on for all the details you need.
Sending Money to Alipay in 5 Easy Steps
Trying to send funds to family and friends in Asia? Follow these simple steps to safely send money to Alipay:
- For first-time users, download the Remitly app and create an account. Then select China as your destination country.
- Enter the amount you wish to send and choose the speed of your transfer.
- Select Alipay as your delivery method.
- Enter your recipient’s information, like their name, address, and email associated with their Alipay bank account.
- Select your method of payment (credit or debit card), and enter your payment details.
And that’s it! Give your details a quick review and press send. Rest easy knowing that your money is on its way across borders.
Your recipient can track the transfer on their end, too. Check out this video for all the details.
Why Should I Use Remitly to Send Money to Alipay?
With Remitly, it’s super-easy to send money at any time from any place using your phone or computer. We offer excellent exchange rates so your loved ones get more CNY per dollar.
And when you use Remitly for the first time to send money to Alipay, you receive a special offer. Get an extra $15 when you send $100 or more. You can read more about this here.
Not only that, but Remitly’s 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures peace of mind. If there’s an issue with your transfer, you’ll get your money back.
How Quickly Will My Money Arrive?
Using Remitly, sending money to Alipay is quick and efficient. Senders that pay with a debit or credit card can transfer money immediately.
If you’re not in a hurry, transfers via bank account take three to five days.
How Much Money Can I Send to Alipay with Remitly?
Remitly is dedicated to helping all of its customers send money safely, no matter the quantity they send. At the same time, we prioritize safety and international regulations to protect your information and your assets.
To that end, Remitly has sending limits based on the information provided by a customer. With Alipay, there are a few additional details to keep in mind:
When sending to China, a strict limit of ¥50,000 per transfer applies to all transfers regardless of the service being used.
Furthermore, recipients in China must have a Chinese national ID or a Foreigner’s Permanent Resident Identity card (FPRID) to receive transfers via Remitly. Check out the transfer fees or get more details at our help center.
Is It Safe to Send Money to Alipay with Remitly?
In a word: yes. There’s a reason that we have millions of users around the world who trust Remitly.
Remitly uses two-factor verification and personal data encryption to ensure safe logins and secure transactions.
You can also turn on SMS/text notifications to keep an eye on your transfer. If anything goes wrong while sending funds, you’ll get your money back.
How to Pay Using Alipay in Singapore
Since Singapore is moving toward a cash-free future, digital payments, including Alipay, are becoming more common.
Alipay is offered by some merchants throughout Singapore, particularly in areas where Chinese tourists and residents visit.
If you are from outside of China, you can set up an Alipay account if you meet certain eligibility requirements.
This option is typically available only to those who have a registered phone number and bank account on the Chinese mainland. So, you will need to visit a local bank in China. If you have previously set up an account, this payment option should work once you arrive in Singapore. When you’re ready to pay in a food center, store, or restaurant, look for the Alipay logo and pay using contact-free options, such as QR code scanning.
Other international retailers, including those in the United States and the UK, have also started to accept Alipay, simplifying the checkout process by reducing language and payment barriers.
Remitly makes sending money to Alipay simple and secure. Excellent exchange rates means you will get the most out of your money.
- Alipay is China’s largest mobile wallet and is now used by more than one billion people across the globe.
- At the time of writing, Singaporeans can open an Alipay account. You can add foreign debit and credit cards, but to add funds into your Alipay balance, you need a Chinese bank account first.
- Alipay members come from over 110 countries, including the United States, Spain, Israel, Singapore, and Brazil.
- Alipay is a simple “eWallet” that allows you to top up funds.
- With the ability to add funds, you can use Alipay without using your Chinese bank account regularly. Use the Remitly app to transfer funds.
- When you pay with debit or credit, you can transfer money immediately.
- As of writing, Remitly offers great deals for first transfers.
Why We Love Alipay
Established by Alibaba Group, Alipay’s explosive growth and popularity is testament to the quality of its services. In China, it’s become so common to use digital payments that many people prefer them to cash or cards. Alipay has stepped in to make it easy to pay for things online in China, even if you’re just visiting the country (thanks to their 90-day tour pass).
Apps like Alipay also make it easy for Chinese nationals who live overseas to send money directly into the e-wallets of friends, family, and associates.
Now more than ever, you want to support your family back home, and Remitly is here to help. With the Remitly app, you can send funds in minutes to Alipay and track your transfer every step of the way.
Remitly makes international money transfers faster, easier, more transparent, and more affordable. Since 2011, over 5 million people have used our secure mobile app to send money with peace of mind.
Visit the remitly.com, download Remitly app, or check out our Help Center to get started.
You May Also Like
- 10 Essential Lunar New Year Traditions for Celebrating around the World
- The Best Chinese Yuan Rates: A Guide to Converting, Exchanging, and Transferring Yuan
- Everything You Need to Know About Making Payments with WeChat
- How Remittance Companies Set Rates: A Transparent Guide