During the 2020-2021 fiscal year alone, remittances into Pakistan totaled 29.4 billion U.S. dollars. This money comes from people like you: people who left Pakistan, work hard, and want to return some of that money to loved ones in Pakistan.
As of 2020, the average transfer fee for an international remittance was 7%, which amounts to tens of billions of dollars on an annual basis. Is there a better way to send money with low transfer fees?
Consider online money transfer companies like Remitly—reliable, easy to use, safe transfer, and low fees.
In this article, we will cover common FAQs and how to get started.
Why Should I Use Remitly To Send Money to Pakistan?
The pricing structure for sending money to Pakistan is simple with no hidden fees.
Send Money to Pakistan in 5 Easy Steps
Sending money to your loved ones with Remitly is simple. First, if you haven’t done so already, download the app.
- Select Pakistan as your destination country.
- Enter the transfer amount you wish to send.
- Choose your delivery method—bank deposit, cash pickup, or mobile money (or called mobile wallet).
- Enter your recipient’s information including the bank details, recipient’s bank account number, or phone number.
- Enter your payment methods such as your credit card or debit card information.
Remitly may ask for additional documentation depending on the amount you send or if we’re unable to verify your identity.
With Remitly, Which Banks/Providers Can I Send Money To?
- Bank Alfalah
- JS Bank
- Bank of Punjab
How Much Money Can I Send to Pakistan With Remitly?
To ensure top-quality customer service while adhering to strict security standards and international regulations, Remitly has implemented sending limits. These limits apply when you first open your account.
For customers who send to Pakistan from the United States, as of writing, the initial sending limits with Remitly are:
- $2,999 in 24 hours
- $10,000 in 30 days
- $18,000 in 180 days
If you need to transfer amounts beyond this, Remitly will ask you for more information. For more about raising your transfer limits, check out details here.
Additional sending limits may apply depending upon your choice of payout partner or receiving location.
How Much Does It Cost To Send Money to Pakistan With Remitly?
- For U.S. customers, Express and Economy transfers are USD $1.99.
- For those in Canada, Express and Economy transfers are CAD $2.99.
- For customers in Australia, Express and Economy transfers are fee-free if you send over AUD $500. If you send less than AUD $500, Express transfers are AUD $3.99 and Economy transfers are AUD $1.99.
- For those in the United Kingdom, transfers are GBP £2.99.
Wonder how much 1 USD (U.S. dollar) can exchange for PKR (Pakistan rupee)? Check out Remitly’s website for the most current rates.
Further reading: 5 Facts You Might Not Know about the Pakistani Rupee
Is It Safe To Send Money to Pakistan With Remitly?
Millions of people around the globe trust Remitly because of the secure and smooth money transfer experience we provide. You can learn more about how Remitly goes above and beyond to keep your information and money safe.
Remitly uses multiple levels of security so you can send money home with peace of mind. Your personal data is protected 24 hours a day through fraud monitoring and encryption. For more information about our security, please visit here.
You and your recipients can track the transfers in real-time, so you won’t have to worry about where the money is. If you have questions throughout the process, we offer help 24/7.
You can have peace of mind that the money you’ve worked hard to earn will safely get to its destination.
Pakistan: An Emerging Global Power
Pakistan’s history is an intriguing and captivating one. Pakistan achieved its independence from Great Britain in 1947. After significant turmoil over the next couple of decades, it ceded its eastern portion to the newly founded Bangladesh in 1971. Since then, it has emerged as a regional powerhouse, especially as a nuclear power.
Pakistan is an economic power in Asia and the world. It ranks at 20th in the world in terms of purchasing power parity and 35th in nominal GDP. Its nominal GDP is $347 billion.
Pakistan’s major cities are Karachi, Lahore, Faisalabad, Rawalpindi, and Gujranwala. Its capital city is Islamabad. The national language of Pakistan is Urdu.
The Pakistani diaspora is truly global, with about nine million Pakistanis living outside the country, the sixth-largest in the world. Most live in different countries in the Middle East, followed by a large number in the United Kingdom.
The Most Popular Banks in Pakistan
If you’re looking for a bank to send your money to in Pakistan, here are popular options:
The Money Transfer Service That Helps You Send Money to Pakistan
Remitly makes international money transfers faster, easier, more transparent, and more affordable. Since 2011, over five million people have used our secure mobile app to send money with peace of mind.
New customers can get a special offer on their first transfer. Check out Trustpilot to see what other customers like about Remitly.
You May Also Like
- How to Safely Send to MCB Bank in Pakistan in 4 Easy Steps
- How to Send Money Safely to Habib Bank in Pakistan in 5 Easy Steps
- How to Safely Send Money to Bank Alfalah in Pakistan in 5 Easy Steps
- How to Send Money Safely to UBL in Pakistan in 5 Easy Steps
- SWIFT Codes Decoded: Finding, Understanding, and Using the Right Code
- Online Wire Transfer
- How to Make a Fast Bank Transfer