You left Indonesia, you work hard, and you send some of that hard-earned money back to your loved ones.
As of 2020, the average transfer fee for an international remittance was 7%, which comes to tens of billions of dollars on an annual basis. How do you transfer money safely? Can you do it without massive transfer fees?
Consider money transfer companies like Remitly: a trusted source for ease of use, security of transfer, and low costs.
In this article, we will cover common FAQs and how to get started.
Why Should I Use Remitly to Transfer Money to Indonesia?
Remitly offers good exchange rates, low fees, safe fast transfers.
The pricing structure for sending money to Indonesia is transparent with no hidden fees.
Send Money to Indonesia in 5 Easy Steps
Sending money to your friends and family with Remitly is simple. First, if you haven’t done so already, download the app and create an account.
- Select Indonesia as your destination country.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
- Choose your delivery method—bank deposit, cash pickup, mobile money, or debit card deposit.
- Enter your recipient’s information such as the recipient’s bank account, phone number.
- Enter your payment method such as your bank details, credit card, or debit card info.
We may ask for more documentation from you depending on the amount of the payment or if Remitly can’t confirm your identity.
Which Banks/Providers Can I Send Money to With Remitly?
- CIMB Niaga
How Much Money Can I Send to Indonesia With Remitly?
As a remittance provider, Remitly values customer service and customer safety, while following international regulations.
To ensure this, there’s a sending limit when you open your account for the first time.
For customers who send to Indonesia from the United States, initial sending limits with Remitly are (as of this writing):
- $2,999 in 24 hours
- $10,000 in 30 days
- $18,000 in 180 days
If you need to increase your transfer amounts beyond this, Remitly will ask you for more information. For more about raising your transfer limits, check out details here. Additional sending limits may apply depending upon your choice of payout partner or receiving location.
How Much Does It Cost to Send Money to Indonesia With Remitly?
For current pricing on money transfers to Indonesia, including our exchange rates, check the app or website.
At the time of this writing, transfer fees to Indonesia are (if your recipient receives in Indonesian Rupiah):
- For U.S. customers, Express transfers to Indonesia are USD $2.99.
- For those in Canada, Express transfers to Indonesia are CAD $4.99 (for transfers up to $499.99).
- For customers in Australia, Express transfers to Indonesia start at AUD $4.99.
- For those in the United Kingdom, Express transfers to Indonesia are only GBP £2.99.
Wonder how much 1 USD can exchange for IDR? Check out Remitly’s website for the most current rates.
Is It Safe to Send Money to Indonesia With Remitly?
Remitly ensures your information and your money are safe. Our commitment to security is one of the reasons millions of people use Remitly to send money home.
- Remitly is licensed to do business in the 17 sending countries and more than 100 receiving countries that we serve. Our licensors have high standards and require us to follow strict security and customer protection guidelines;
- Remitly uses multiple levels of security, so you can send money home with peace of mind. Your personal data is protected 24 hours a day through fraud monitoring and encryption.
- All accounts are verified with proper documentation;
- Remitly is dedicated to protecting your money and personal data; and
- You can track your transfer every step of the way.
Indonesia: From Ancient Land to Economic Powerhouse
Indonesia is a wonderful country with a fascinating history. Almost two thousand years ago, both Hindu and Buddhist peoples established kingdoms, lasting until the 15th century. With the arrival of Gujarati and Persian merchants in the 13th century, Islam spread throughout the land.
The European period began in 1512 when the Portuguese landed in search of spices. This European influence and colonization lasted several centuries, culminating in independence in 1945, following World War II. Indonesia has enjoyed its independence to the present day.
Indonesia prides itself on having one of the largest economies in the world. It has the 15th largest in terms of nominal GDP and the 10thth largest in terms of GDP based on purchasing power parity.
Indonesia’s major cities are Jakarta (the capital), Surabaya, Bandung, Medan, and Bekasi. Its official language is Indonesian.
The Indonesian diaspora can be found all over the world. As of this writing, about 8 million Indonesians are living overseas. While about half a million live in the United States, the vast majority live in the Netherlands, Singapore, and Malaysia.
More about Indonesian Rupiah: 5 Facts About the Indonesian Rupiah You Probably Didn’t Know
The Money Transfer Service That Helps You Send Money to Indonesia
Remitly makes international money transfers faster, easier, more transparent, and more affordable. Since 2011, over 5 million people have used our secure mobile app to send money with peace of mind.
You May Also Like
- How to Send Money Safely to Bank Rakyat in Indonesia in 5 Easy Steps
- How to Send Money Safely to Bank Central Asia in Indonesia in 5 Easy Steps
- SWIFT Codes Decoded: Finding, Understanding, and Using the Right Code
- Online Wire Transfer
- How to Make a Fast Bank Transfer
- The Best Rates for Chinese Yuan: A Guide to Converting, Exchanging, and Transferring Yuan
- Malaysian Ringgit: The Essential Guide