Over 60 people have sadly lost their lives so far after Sunday’s Volcán de Fuego explosion in Guatemala, and thousands more have been displaced from the regions of Escuintla, Sacatepéquez and Chimaltenango.
In solidarity with our Guatemalan customers and the entire country of Guatemala, Remitly will donate $5,000 USD to the Guatemalan Red Cross in support of their ongoing relief efforts there.
Remitly stands with Guatemala and our customers. Our thoughts are with you all during this difficult time.
We are aware that many of our customers want to send money as quickly and as effectively as possible to family and friends in the region, so we have waived fees in our Express money transfers to the Escuintla, Sacatepéquez and Chimaltenango regions from now until June 11.
How to help those affected by the Volcán de Fuego explosion in Guatemala?
There are many ways to support the many aid and relief efforts in the regions affected by the explosion in Guatemala:
- The Guatemalan Red Cross is leading the relief efforts in the region. Here is their banking information necessary to donate from abroad:
- Banrural Account Name: Roja Guatemalteca. Swift/IBAN: GT03 BRRL 0101 0000 0030 3369 9352.
- Citibank, N.A. Swift: CITIUS33. ABA: 021000089.
- Wells Fargo Bank. Swift: PNBPUS3NNYC. ABA: 026005092.
- Commerzbank AG. Swift: COBADEFF.
Remitly is proud to stand with Guatemala and all our Guatemalan customers during these difficult times.