TERMS AND CONDITIONS
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The I Am My Ancestors Wildest Dream Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open to individuals who sign up and complete an entry at the Remitly booth during the Hispanicize LA Event during the Promotion Period (“Entrant”).
Entrants must be a legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“U.S.”) and be 18 years of age or older at time of entry. Entrant’s participation in the Promotion constitutes agreement to these Official Rules. Employees of Remitly, Inc. (“Sponsor”), its contractors, distributors, advertising and promotion agencies, webmasters/suppliers, and any others engaged in the development, production, execution or distribution of this Promotion, and members of the immediate families (spouse, children, parents, siblings) and persons living in the same household (whether or not related) are not eligible to participate or enter. Void in Puerto Rico, all U.S. territories and possessions, overseas military installations, and wherever else restricted or prohibited by law.
In order to enter the Promotion, you must agree to these Rules. Therefore, please read these Rules prior to entry to ensure you understand and agree. You agree that submission of an entry in the Promotion constitutes agreement to these Rules.
2. PROMOTION PERIOD AND DESCRIPTION: The Promotion begins on October 12th at 8:00am PST Pacific Standard Time (“PST”) and ends at October 13th at 05:00pm PST (the “Promotion Period”). All dates are subject to change. Sponsor’s server is the official clock for this Promotion. All entries submitted during the Promotion Period which are valid as of the Promotion drawing date will be eligible for the Promotion.
3. HOW TO ENTER: To participate in the Promotion, eligible persons may receive an entry by going to the Remitly booth at Hispanicize LA and signing up to participate in a recorded session telling your story of why you are your ancestors wildest dream. These video recordings may be shared on Remitly’s Facebook, and/or Twitter, and/or Instagram (“Social Media”).
The Sponsor will not verify receipt of entries for Entrants. All entries received become the sole property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. Sponsor is not responsible for any entry that is lost, late, misdirected, illegible, damaged, or undeliverable, whether due to system errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delay in operations or transmissions, theft or destruction or failures, faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions, entries not received resulting from any hardware or software failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, failed, incomplete or garbled computer or telephone transmissions, typographical or system errors and failures, faulty transmissions, technical malfunctions, or otherwise.
In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the authorized person of the email address submitted at the time of the entry. The authorized person is the natural person who is assigned to the email address by an Internet access provider, on-line service provider, or other organization that is responsible for assigning email addresses, or the domain associated with the submitted email address. Potential Prize Winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized person.
Any false information provided within the context of the Promotion by Entrant concerning identity, mailing address, telephone number, email address, or non-compliance with these Rules or the like may result in the immediate elimination of the entrant from the the Promotion. Any attempt by an Entrant to obtain more than the maximum number of permitted entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations, and/or any other methods, including, but not limited to, automated entry, will void that Entrant’s entries and that Entrant may be disqualified from the Promotion at Remitly’s sole discretion.
4. DRAWING/ODDS: At 6:00pm PST on Friday October 12th, the Sponsor will randomly select one (1) Winner from all the eligible entries received during the promotional period and at 5:00pm PST on Saturday October 13th, the Sponsor will select the second winner from all the eligible entries received (the “Drawings”). There will be a total of two (2) winners. Sponsor’s decisions are based on their sole discretion and interpretation of these Official Rules, and are final and binding. Odds of winning depend on the total number of eligible entries received during the Promotion.
5. PRIZE: One (1) grand prize winner (the “Prize Winner”) will be selected in each Drawing. There will be a total of two (2) Prize Winners. Each Prize Winner will receive one (1) iPhone X valued at $900 (“Prize”). Remitly reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to purchase the Grand Prize on behalf of the Prize Winner.
6. PRIZE RESTRICTIONS: Prize Winners are required to comply with any and all applicable federal, state and local laws, rules and regulations and these Official Rules. Any taxes imposed on the income of the Prize Winners as a result of winning the Prizes and all other expenses not specifically mentioned herein as part of the Prizes are solely the responsibility of the Prize Winner. No transfer or substitution of any of the Prizes is allowed except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. There is no cash alternative offered, except at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
7. PRIZE CLAIM: Prize Winners will be notified by email the same day each Drawing is carried out. Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your “safe senders” list to ensure the email notification is delivered to your inbox. If a potential Prize Winner does not respond to the Sponsor’s notification attempt within one (1) day from the first notification attempt, then such potential Prize Winner may be disqualified and an alternate potential finalist/winner will be selected from among all eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Prize Winner(s) must execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release/Publicity Release (except where prohibited), and a W-9 tax form (the “Paperwork”). Potential Prize Winner(s) must return the Paperwork within the date and time indicated in the email notification. If a potential Prize Winner fails to return the Paperwork within the date and time in the email notification, or is found to be ineligible or provides false or incomplete information, or if he/she does not comply with the Official Rules, such potential Prize Winner and his/her entry will be disqualified and another potential Prize Winner will be selected from the remaining eligible entries received, according to these Official Rules. If the email notification is returned as undeliverable, this will result in disqualification and an alternate Prize Winner will be selected.
The value associated with the Prizes are taxable as income and the Prize Winners are solely responsible for any taxes, including, but not limited to all applicable federal, state and local taxes that become due with respect to the value of the respective Prize. The Sponsor must report the value of the Prizes to the Internal Revenue Service in the year the Prizes are received by the Prize Winners and will be reported to the Prize Winners and the Internal Revenue Service as required by law.
Potential Prize Winners consent to use of his/her name, likeness, video recording, biographical information, and voice in advertising worldwide in any media without additional compensation (TN residents will not be required to sign a Release as a condition of winning a prize). By signing below, participants grant non-exclusive rights to the Sponsor to publish, display, or otherwise make this video available for viewing for marketing purposes, whether on the internet, internally or in other venues.
8. GENERAL: All taxes and expenses relating to acceptance and use of the Prizes and not specified are the sole responsibility of the Prize Winner. By participating, Entrants (and entrant’s parent/legal guardian if entrant is a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence) agree: (a) to these Official Rules and decisions of Sponsor which shall be final and binding in all respects and in all matters relating to this Promotion; (b) to release, discharge, indemnify and agree to hold harmless Sponsor, its advertising and promotion agencies and all of their respective parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agencies, agents and representatives and all of their respective employees, officers and directors (individually and collectively, “Releasees”) from any liability or responsibility whatsoever for any claims, costs, injuries, losses or damages (whether due to negligence or otherwise) of any kind (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss of or destruction of property, or rights of publicity or privacy), arising out of or in connection with the Promotion or from their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any prize, or participation in the Promotion or any Promotion related activity or travel related activity; and (c) if the Prize Winners, by acceptance of any the Prize, to the announcement/use of name, voice, image and/or likeness, at any time or times, for trade, advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without compensation (unless prohibited by law) by Sponsor and those acting pursuant to Sponsor’s direction, in all media now known or hereafter discovered, worldwide, including but not limited to the World Wide Web, without notice, review or approval and agrees to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. In no event will Releasees be responsible or liable for any damages or losses of any kind, whether direct, indirect, incidental, consequential, punitive or other damages. Releasees are not responsible and shall not be liable for: a) telephone, electronic, hardware or software or program, network, or Internet or computer malfunction, or any communications accessibility, availability or lines, or technical errors of any kind or by any human error which may occur in the processing of entries, or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information, or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such or similar information; b) failed, incomplete, garbled, corrupted or delayed computer transmissions; c) lost, late, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible entries or postage-due mail, entries or email; or d) any condition caused by events that may cause the Promotion to be disrupted or corrupted. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to cancel or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof for any reason, including, without limitation, should computer hardware or software malfunctions (such as but not limited to virus, bugs, worms, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures) or any other causes corrupt the administration, security or proper play of the Promotion, and select the Prize Winners from entries received prior to the action taken or in such other manner as deemed fair and appropriate by Sponsor.
9. ADDITIONAL CONDITIONS: Releasees are not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Web Site users, tampering, hacking or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or technical error or unauthorized access to the Web Site. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Promotion or Web Site; to be acting in violation of the Official Rules; to be acting in violation of the terms of the Web Site, or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Releasees are not responsible for injury or damage to Entrants or to any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading materials or programs or software to any computer, or downloading materials from or use of the Web Site. Any use of robotic, automatic, macro, programmed, third party, or like entry methods, will disqualify all entries using such methods. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
IN NO EVENT WILL RELEASEES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF INTERNET SITE WWW.REMITLY.COM OR THE DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM SAID SITE. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, EVERYTHING ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OR LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
11. RIGHT TO CANCEL, MODIFY OR DISQUALIFY: If for any reason the Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify, or suspend the Promotion.
12. ARBITRATION/CHOICE OF LAW: Except where prohibited, Entrants (and Entrant’s parent/legal guardian if Entrant is a minor in his/her state) agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the Prize Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Official Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, indirect, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and/or Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Washington, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine, and all proceedings shall take place in the State of Washington. Entrant waives any objection to the choice of forum on the grounds of inconvenient forum.
13. WINNERS LIST: For a list of the Prize Winners, mail a self addressed, stamped envelope to be postmarked by January 13th, 2019 to: “I Am My Ancestors Wildest Dream” Sweepstakes Winner Notification, Remitly, Inc., 1111 3rd Avenue, Suite 2100, Seattle, WA 98101.
Sponsor: Remitly, Inc., 1111 3rd Avenue, Suite 2100, Seattle, WA 98101.
This Promotion should not be published without written permission of the Sponsor.