New to Remitly? Let us help you get started!
Thank you for joining the millions of people who have used Remitly to send money home. Customers like you inspire us to work tirelessly every day to deliver peace of mind in everything we do.
Choose what’s most convenient for your recipients with our growing network of banks, mobile wallets, and cash pickup locations.
✨ Have an offer code? Click here for instructions on how to redeem it. ✨
Our promise to you
Never wonder or worry about your money making it home, thanks to our real-time transfer updates. If anything happens, you or your loved ones can get fast and friendly support—24 hours a day.
To join using the Remitly app
- Download the Remitly app in the App Store or Google Play Store
- Enter the country you’re Sending from, where you’re Sending to, and select Next
- Enter your email address
- Enter a password
- Select Join Remitly
To join on Remitly.com
- Select “Join Now”
- Enter your email address and password
- Select “Join”
Send your first transfer
- Sign in to the Remitly app or on Remitly.com.
- Select “Get Started” on the app or “Send Money” if you’re using your web browser.
Choose the options that work best for you and your recipient
- Enter the amount you’d like to send. We’ll automatically display the amount your recipient will receive in their local currency.
- Next, choose a delivery method.
- If you selected Bank Deposit, you’ll need to enter some information about your recipient’s bank account. If you selected Cash Pickup, we’ll ask you to choose a pickup location that’s convenient for your recipient. If you selected a different delivery option, we might ask for their email address or other details.
- Now it’s time to enter information about your recipient. We’ll ask for their name and — if you’d like us to notify them when the transfer has arrived — their phone number.
Complete your profile
- If you haven’t already, enter your name exactly as it appears on your valid ID. We’ll also ask for your phone number and address.
- Next, enter your date of birth. Be sure to enter your correct birthdate as it appears on your identification, because we may need that information to verify your identity later.
- Decide how you’d like to pay for your transfer. Enter your bank account information, your credit or debit card information, or the details of another payment method. Your payment options may vary depending on where you’re sending from, and you can always update your payment method for future transfers.
- Review your transfer summary. If you need to make any changes, just select “Edit” next to the info you want to update.
- When you’re ready to send your transfer, select “Send Money.”
- Wait for your transfer to process. It’s important to stay on the processing screen until the next page loads — we might need you to provide additional information or correct an issue. When you see a confirmation screen, you’re all done!
What happens after I’ve sent my transfer?
We’ll send a confirmation receipt to the email address you provided. Next, we’ll deliver your money to your recipient. When the transfer arrives, we’ll let you know.
Once your transfer is in progress, you can also track your transfer’s progress on the app. Your recipient can opt to receive SMS messages about the transfer status, too.
Verify your identity
To protect you–and do our part to prevent fraud–we may ask you to verify your identity by providing us with additional information or specific documents.
We understand that sending this type of personal information electronically can feel risky. So, we’ve built a way for you to send these items securely via the Remitly app and Remitly.com.
Check out this video for more information.
We know that sending money abroad can be stressful, and we’re here to help. To get the most out of Remitly:
- Learn how to make changes to your transfer before it arrives.
- Track your transfer.
- Find out how you can earn rewards when you refer friends and family.
- Browse our Help Center library to get answers to all your questions.
- Get the reasons to send money with Remitly if you haven’t already
- Read up on how to send money internationally like a pro.