When Hurricane Eta made landfall in northeast Nicaragua as a devastating Category 4 storm, it made history—and then, sadly, Hurricane Iota followed just a short time later. We at Remitly know that many of our customers are worrying for their loved ones in storm-affected areas. The hurricanes have caused serious flooding, damage, and loss of life throughout the region.
From Puerto Cabezas, Nicaragua to Puerto Barrios, Guatemala, along Honduras’ coast, and as far west as the Pacific Ocean and north to Belize, the people of Central America need extra support to recover and rebuild.
At Remitly, we’re committed to making sure that support arrives safely and quickly. We made a $15,000 donation to the Red Cross in the region, and made a special offer to U.S. customers sending money to Central America in the time period immediately following the disaster.
Our thoughts and prayers are with the victims and their families.
How to Send Money with Remitly
- For first-time users, download the Remitly app and create an account. Then select your destination country.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
- Select your preferred method of delivery.
- Enter your recipient’s information, like their name and address, and then enter your information as the sender.
- Select your method of payment (credit or debit card), and enter your payment details.
We make it easy for your friends and family members to access the money you send. Remitly has 1,550 cash pickup locations in Honduras, over 900 cash pickup locations in Nicaragua, and over 7,000 cash pickup locations in Guatemala, in addition to offering direct deposits to local banks and mobile wallets across the region.
Remitly is committed to helping your money make it home safely. Read more about how Remitly keeps you secure.
At Remitly, we’ve created a money sending platform that is accessible, affordable, and secure for over 3 million people around the world.