If you support loved ones and send money to Caribe Express on la isla, you’re not alone. And like your fellow dominicanos, you want to find the safest way to make sure more money makes it home. Remitly can help.
According to a 2017 report by the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development, as much as 12% of the Dominican population lives abroad. That’s 1.3 million Dominican emigrants, with the vast majority based in the U.S. Given this large number, perhaps it’s no surprise that remittances like yours contribute nearly 8% of the country’s national income. But because of exorbitant wire fees and unfair exchange rates, sending money to loved ones in the Dominican Republic can be costly.
Enter Remitly, a simple app for sending money internationally.
Remitly’s online service offers a faster, more cost-effective alternative to banks and traditional money transfer companies. And with Remitly, you can still send to the locations your recipients are comfortable with. That includes Caribe Express.
If you’re from the DR, you know that name—Caribe Express is one of the Dominican Republic’s most popular financial services companies.
Sending to Caribe Express in 5 Easy Steps
Trying to send funds to family and friends in the Dominican Republic? Follow these simple steps to safely send money to Caribe Express:
- For first-time users, download the Remitly app and create an account. Then select the Dominican Republic as your destination country.
- Enter the amount you wish to send as well as which currency it should be received as (USD or DOP).
- Select your preferred method of delivery. Then choose Caribe Express from the list of available options.
- Enter your recipient’s information, like their name and address, and then enter your information as the sender.
- Select your method of payment (credit or debit card), and enter your payment details.
And that’s it! Give your details a quick review and press send. Rest easy knowing that your money is on its way to your loved ones.
Why Should I Use Remitly to Send Money to Caribe Express?
The benefits of sending money to Caribe Express with Remitly are multifold.
To begin with, Remitly offers favorable exchange rates and low transfer fees. While many send U.S. dollars to be exchanged as pesos in the Dominican Republic, Remitly usually offers a better Dominican peso rate. That’s especially true on your first transfer.
On top of more money, this also means recipients have one less step to worry about after receiving funds.
Then there’s convenience. Unlike traditional transfer services, users can access Remitly on their phone or desktop, and make transfers in just a few clicks.
Finally, Remitly’s 100% satisfaction guarantee ensures the utmost peace of mind. If there’s an issue with your transfer, you’ll get your money back.
How Quickly Will my Money Arrive at Caribe Express?
Using Remitly, sending money to Caribe Express is speedy and efficient. Senders that pay with a debit or credit card can transfer money immediately.
For those that aren’t in a rush, transfers via bank account take three to five days.
How Much Money Can I Send to Caribe Express with Remitly?
Remitly is committed to helping users send remittances both big and small to Caribe Express while prioritizing safety and following regulations. That keeps you, your money, and your recipient secure.
To that end, it has sending limits based on the information provided by a user.
Users that provide the minimum information necessary can send as much as:
- $2,999 within 24 hours
- $10,000 within 30 days
- $18,000 within 180 days
Is it Safe to Send Money to Caribe Express with Remitly?
There’s a reason millions worldwide trust Remitly’s money transfer services.
Remitly uses two-factor verification and personal data encryption to ensure safe logins and secure transactions.
You can also turn on SMS/text notifications to keep an eye on your transfer. If anything goes wrong while sending funds to Caribe Express, you’ll get your money back.
The 3 Biggest Perks of Sending Money to Caribe Express
Sending money to Caribe Express comes with three major benefits:
- Caribe Express has more than 130 locations across the Dominican Republic, with most branches open every day of the week. Whether you send money for pickup or home delivery, recipients can easily access funds.
- Caribe Express is no longer just a cash pickup and home delivery service. Its recent launch of Banco Caribe means you can also send money to Banco Caribe bank accounts.
- First-time customers sending pesos to the Dominican Republic can send even more money to Caribe Express thanks to Remitly’s special offer: zero transfer fees for the first transaction.
Now more than ever, you want to support your queridos back home, and Remitly is here to help. With the Remitly app, you can send funds in minutes to Caribe Express and track your transfer every step of the way.